This Policy explains how G’DAY Rewards handles the personal information we hold, including how we collect, use and disclose personal information.
G’DAY Rewards respects your privacy and takes steps to safeguard the personal information that we handle. We are committed to complying with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and to being open and transparent about our information handling practices.
Who we are and how to contact us
‘G’DAY Rewards’, ‘we’ or ‘us’ means Australian Park Licence Co Pty Limited ACN 622 566 205, Level 7, 60 Light Square, Adelaide SA 5000.
To contact us click this link, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 061 811 (our lines are open Monday to Friday 9:30am – 5:30 pm AEST, excluding public holidays).
The information we collect
The G’DAY Rewards Website collects the following personal information:
- date of birth;
- telephone numbers;
- email address; and
- G’DAY Rewards membership number.
Other types of personal information we collect may include, but are not limited to:
- details of entrants in competitions run by G’DAY Rewards or one of our Participants;
- information about when a Member uses their Membership Card to receive benefits or verify Membership status; and
- marketing analysis information.
You can configure your web browser to reject and delete cookies but this may limit the functionality of the www.gdayrewards.com.au website.
Why we collect personal information
G’DAY Rewards collects personal information to provide benefits and services to G’DAY Rewards Members, including discounts and special offers. We also need to collect your personal information to issue you with a Membership Card so that you can access your Membership Savings.
We collect this information in order to enrol you in the G’DAY Rewards Program, renew your Membership, update your details and to contact you about benefits of the G’DAY Rewards Program, including other special offers that may be available to G’DAY Rewards Members. If you do not provide us with this information we will be unable to provide you with the benefits of G’DAY Reward Membership, including issuing you with your Membership Card.
We collect Marketing and Web Analysis information so that we can offer improved benefits and services to our Members, improve our website visitor experience and target our Membership Savings offering.
We may also collect your personal information for other purposes which may be explained at the time of collection.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including (but not limited to):
- directly from individuals such as when you enrol via the application form on the Website;
- through our social media pages and from social media sites;
- from other Participants in the Program;
- from third parties that provide us with marketing; market research; and marketing and web analytics services;
- from third parties or Participants that run competitions or promotions in connection with G’DAY Rewards;
- from a booking agent where you have requested to join the G’DAY Rewards Membership Program in the course of making a booking through them with one of the G’DAY Rewards Participants;
- where you send us an email or ‘contact us’ message or make a written enquiry with us; and
- when you call us to make enquiries.
Storage and security of personal information
We take the security of the personal information we hold seriously and handle personal information sensitively and in accordance with the APPs.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss; and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These steps include using electronic and physical security measures, including:
- storing personal information on secure networks consistent with industry standards;
- using encryption techniques when transferring information to other servers; and
- authenticating Members before providing access to personal information.
If we no longer need the personal information we hold physical copies of, we take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify that information. Electronic information we hold may be stored indefinitely. It may be necessary for us to retain personal information to comply with our legal obligations; for insurance or audit purposes; or to conduct market analysis to improve our services.
How we use personal information and for what purposes
We use personal information in order to administer the G’DAY Rewards Program, including to provide our Members with Membership Savings and other benefits and services. We also use personal information in order to contact our Members, and other individuals, about special offers or promotions. Other purposes we may use your information for include to:
- run competitions or events;
- distribute our communications including the G’DAY Rewards magazine;
- conduct marketing activities such as market research and analysis; and
- contact you via email, SMS or post.
we may also use personal information for the purpose of complying with any applicable laws (for example any obligations we may have under legislation).
We will only use your personal information in accordance with the APPs.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information in a number of ways, including to.
- contractors, suppliers or agents we have engaged to provide goods or services to us (for example marketing agencies, distributors or marketing analytics service providers);
- Participants in the G’DAY Rewards Membership Program;
- commercial affiliates with whom we have agreed to share information;
- where the disclosure is for the purpose the personal information was collected; and
- in circumstances where the person about whom the personal information relates would reasonably expect this disclosure to occur;
We may also disclose personal information where we are required to do so by law.
The third parties we disclose information to may be based in Australia or overseas. The services we may use from time to time include, but are not limited to, Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics: Managed Services. We take steps to ensure that these third parties protect your personal information and use it only for the purpose it we disclosed it to them (such as, to provide us with services).
How to unsubscribe or ‘opt-out’
- Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any electronic messages you receive from us;
If you do opt-out or unsubscribe we may not be able to provide you with G’DAY Reward Membership Program Services, including posting your G’DAY Rewards Membership Card.
How you can access the personal information we hold about you
You can seek access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the Contact Details provided below. We will need to verify your identity and may charge a fee to cover the cost of providing you with access. If a fee is charged for providing access, you will be informed of the details of the fee prior to provision of access.
How to update or correct your personal information
You can request to update or correct personal information we hold about you which you believe is inaccurate or out of date by contacting us using the Contact Details provided below.
How to make a privacy complaint
If you have any concerns about our information handling practices you can contact us using our Contact Details below so that we can try and resolve the issue quickly and directly.
If we are unable to resolve your privacy complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW, 2001, www.oaic.gov.au (telephone 1300 363 992).
Requests for access
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you, or make a privacy complaint or privacy enquiry, by contacting us using our Contact Details below.
You can contact us by:
“G’DAY Rewards Program” means the membership program run by Discovery Holiday Parks Pty Ltd ACN 111 782 846 and Australian Park Licence Co Pty Limited ACN 622 566 205;
“Member” means a member of the G’DAY Rewards Program;
“Membership” means membership of the G’DAY Rewards Program;
“Membership Card” means the card issued in connection with the Membership for use by the Member;
“Membership Saving” means the discounts offered to Members as described in the Terms and Conditions;
“Participant” means a business where Members can receive Membership Savings or other benefits under the G’DAY Rewards Program;
“Website” means G’DAY Rewards website at www.gdayrewards.com.au;
“we” or “us” means the G’DAY Rewards Program, Discovery Holiday Parks Pty Ltd ACN 111 782 846 and Australian Park Licence Co Pty Limited ACN 622 566 205.